Are you tired of the nonstop nasal drip, headaches, congestion, and facial pressure that accompany your sinus infections? When it comes to nonstop sinus symptoms, urgENT can help.
A sinus infection arises when the lining of one of the sinuses becomes swollen and inflamed as a result of infections that can move into the bloodstream. This results in pain and pressure in the sinus cavities.Sinus infections are most commonly caused by allergies or other disorders like:
- Hay fever
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Poor diet
Who Gets It?
As of 2020, there were up to 73 million restricted-activity days related to sinusitis and total direct medical costs of almost $2.4billion.
Don't settle for being a statistic, act as soon as possible and stand up to your sinus symptoms.
The most common symptoms include:
- Nasal congestion
- Loss of smell or taste
- Discolored nasal drainage
- Thick discharge from the throat
- Facial pain or pressure
- Upper tooth pain
Are sinus symptoms making you miserable?
If what you thought was just a cold still hanging on, and those antibiotics didn’t resolve your sinus pressure and drainage, your symptoms might be due to something more than a cold. You might be struggling with chronic sinusitis.
What Are My Treatment Options?
Your personal treatment plan may differ from others, but some common treatment options are
- Natural Home Remedies - Hydration, steam & mist, or a sinus rinse
For mild sinus infections that are not frequent or resulting from a medical issue, natural home remedies can be a helpful tool to control symptoms. Most natural solutions work to reduce swelling, open sinus passages, and restore the natural flow of mucus. Natural home remedies are not risk-free and should always be used under a doctor’s supervision, but they may be an important part of your treatment plan.
- Medication - Antibiotics, decongestants, or corticosteroids
Sinus medications are often a helpful tool to rapidly control symptoms and manage infection. There are a variety of medications that come in various forms. Some directly work to reduce infection while others help reduce inflammation and restore natural sinus drainage.
We can also refer you for:
- Traditional Sinus Surgeries- Septoplasty, nasal polyp removal, or endoscopic sinus surgery
When frequent and severe sinus infections are caused by a physical defect or damage inside the nose, traditional sinus surgery may be a long-term solution. Sinus surgery involves the cutting and removing of bone or tissue to open the nasal passage. Traditional surgery is completed in a hospital or surgical center.
- Balloon Sinuplasty - Balloon Sinuplasty is a long-term therapeutic option for sinus sufferers who don't want to go through the price and risks of regular surgery. This cutting-edge procedure has helped more than a half-million individuals find sinus relief since its inception in 2005. It has increased in popularity due to its 95% success rate and flawless safety record. This simple method involves gently inflating a tiny balloon into the obstructed sinus pathway to restore natural sinus flow. Symptom relief is immediate when the sinuses are opened and cleaned.