Are you tired of the nonstop nasal drip, headaches, congestion, and facial pressure that accompany your sinus infections? When it comes to nonstop sinus symptoms, urgENT can help.
A sinus infection arises when the lining of one of the sinuses becomes swollen and inflamed as a result of infections that can move into the bloodstream. This results in pain and pressure in the sinus cavities.Sinus infections are most commonly caused by allergies or other disorders like:
- Hay fever
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Poor diet
Who Gets It?
As of 2020, there were up to 73 million restricted-activity days related to sinusitis and total direct medical costs of almost $2.4billion.
Don't settle for being a statistic, act as soon as possible and stand up to your sinus symptoms.
The most common symptoms include:
- Nasal congestion
- Loss of smell or taste
- Discolored nasal drainage
- Thick discharge from the throat
- Facial pain or pressure
- Upper tooth pain
Are sinus symptoms making you miserable?
If what you thought was just a cold still hanging on, and those antibiotics didn’t resolve your sinus pressure and drainage, your symptoms might be due to something more than a cold. You might be struggling with chronic sinusitis.
Find out by scheduling your appointment with our ENT specialists
What Are My Treatment Options?
Your personal treatment plan may differ from others, but some common treatment options are
- Natural Home Remedies - Hydration, steam & mist, or a sinus rinse
For mild sinus infections that are not frequent or resulting from a medical issue, natural home remedies can be a helpful tool to control symptoms. Most natural solutions work to reduce swelling, open sinus passages, and restore the natural flow of mucus. Natural home remedies are not risk-free and should always be used under a doctor’s supervision, but they may be an important part of your treatment plan.
- Medication - Antibiotics, decongestants, or corticosteroids
Sinus medications are often a helpful tool to rapidly control symptoms and manage infection. There are a variety of medications that come in various forms. Some directly work to reduce infection while others help reduce inflammation and restore natural sinus drainage.
We can also refer you for:
- Traditional Sinus Surgeries- Septoplasty, nasal polyp removal, or endoscopic sinus surgery
When frequent and severe sinus infections are caused by a physical defect or damage inside the nose, traditional sinus surgery may be a long-term solution. Sinus surgery involves the cutting and removing of bone or tissue to open the nasal passage. Traditional surgery is completed in a hospital or surgical center.
- Balloon Sinuplasty - Balloon Sinuplasty is a long-term therapeutic option for sinus sufferers who don't want to go through the price and risks of regular surgery. This cutting-edge procedure has helped more than a half-million individuals find sinus relief since its inception in 2005. It has increased in popularity due to its 95% success rate and flawless safety record. This simple method involves gently inflating a tiny balloon into the obstructed sinus pathway to restore natural sinus flow. Symptom relief is immediate when the sinuses are opened and cleaned.